SCHOOL BLOGGING APP
Forgot your login detail? Get help sign in
Login with Facebook
COPYRIGHT © 2018 My Hall Pass, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This agreement was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls.Effective: August 2nd 2018
Who can use HALLPASS?You may use our Products only if you can form a binding contract with HALLPASS, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you create your HALLPASS account, you must provide us with accurate and complete information. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is completely prohibited. You must be the legal age of 13 to be able to sign up and use hallpass products and services. If you open an account on behalf of a company, organization, or other entity, then (a) "you" includes you and that entity, and (b) you represent and warrant that you are authorized to grant all permissions and licenses provided in these Terms and bind the entity to these Terms, and that you agree to these Terms on the entity's behalf. Some of our Products may be software that is downloaded to your computer, phone, tablet, or other device. You agree that we may automatically upgrade those Products, and these Terms will apply to such upgrades.
1.Ownership of the Site, the App and ContentAll pages within the Site and the App, all Content (as defined below), and any other material made available for use or download are the property of Company, or its licensors or suppliers, as applicable. The Site and the App are protected by United States and international copyright and trademark laws. The contents of the Site and the App, including without limitation all data, files, documents, text, photographs, images, audio, and video, and any materials accessed through or made available for use or download through the Site or the App (“Content”) may not be copied, distributed, modified, reproduced, published or used, in whole or in part, except for purposes authorized by these Terms of Service or otherwise approved in writing by Company. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose, or deep link to, any name, trademarks, service marks, logo, Content or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Company without our express written consent.
1. Registering Your Account. In order to access certain features of the Company Properties you may be required to become a Registered User. For purposes of the Terms, a “Registered User” is a user of the Services (“User”) who has a valid account on the social networking service (“SNS”) through which the User has connected to the App (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”).
2. Access Through a SNS. If you access the Services through a SNS, you may link your Account with Third-Party Accounts, by allowing the Company to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account. You represent that you are entitled to disclose your Third-Party Account login information to the Company and/or grant the Company access to your Third-Party Account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described herein) without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third-Party Account and without obligating the Company to pay any fees or making the Company subject to any usage limitations imposed by such third-party service providers. You have the ability to disable the connection between your Account and your Third-Party Accounts at any time by accessing the “Settings” section of the App. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT MAY BE PROVIDED TO IT BY SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS IN VIOLATION OF THE PRIVACY SETTINGS THAT YOU HAVE SET IN SUCH THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS.
4. Necessary Equipment and Software. You must provide all equipment and software necessary to connect to the Company Properties, including but not limited to, a mobile device that is suitable to connect with and use the Company Properties, in the event you are using the App on a mobile device. You are solely responsible for any fees, including Internet connection or mobile fees, that you incur when accessing the Company Properties.
3.App LicenseSubject to your compliance with these Terms of Service, Company grants you a non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable, non-transferable, revocable, limited license to use the App and Company software related to the Service solely on devices that you own or manage. You represent and warrant to us that you have the right to install and operate the App on such devices you are using. You may not remove, obscure, modify or disable any proprietary notices of Company on any part of the Service. You may not use the Service for any purpose that is illegal or potentially harmful to another party, including Company. You may not sell, sublicense, assign or otherwise transfer the Service to any third party for any reason. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Company.
4.Mobile Text Message Service Terms.To communicate with you more efficiently, we may at times contact you for non-advertising and non-telemarketing purposes using text messages, including messages sent with an automatic telephone dialing system or similar technology, at the telephone number(s) you have provided to us. We may place such texts to (i) provide notices regarding your Account or Account activity, (ii) investigate or prevent fraud, or (iii) to provide you with the services or content your request from us, or that we provide through the features of our Services that may include notification services. By using the Services and providing us with your mobile telephone number, you are expressly consenting to receive text messages from or on behalf of the Company for the purposes we have identified above and you also agree that we may reply by text to any to any text message that you send to us.
6.Software UpdatesYou understand that the Company Properties are evolving. As a result, the Company may require you to accept updates to the Company Properties that you have installed on your computer or mobile device. You acknowledge and agree that the Company may update the Company Properties with or without your consent or notifying you. In connection with providing the Service, Company may elect to update the software of the App at any time. These updates may include bug fixes, feature enhancements or improvements, or entirely new versions of software. You agree that Company may automatically deliver such updates to you as part of the Service and you shall receive and install them as required, and you acknowledge and agree that the Service, or portions thereof may not properly operate should you fail to do so. You further agree that all updates will be deemed part of the Service and will be subject to these Terms of Service.
7.Interactions with Other Users.You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users of the Services and any other parties with whom you interact through the Services; provided, however, that the Company reserves the right, but has no obligation, to intercede in such disputes. You agree that the Company will not be responsible for any liability incurred as the result of such interactions. The Company Properties may contain User Content provided by other Users. The Company is not responsible for and does not control User Content. The Company has no obligation to review or monitor, and does not approve, endorse or make any representations or warranties with respect to User Content. You use all User Content and interact with other Users at your own risk.
8.Content Ownership and ResponsibilityYou acknowledge that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags and/or other materials accessible through the Company Properties (“Content”), is the sole responsibility of the party from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not the Company, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available (“Make Available”) through the Company Properties (“Your Content”), and that you and other Users of the Company Properties, and not the Company, are similarly responsible for all Content they Make Available through the Company Properties (“User Content”).
9.SafetyWe do our best to keep HALLPASS safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep HALLPASS safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
1. You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on HALLPASS.
2. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access HALLPASS, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
3. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on HALLPASS.
4. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
5. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
6. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
7. You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
8. You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
9. You will not use HALLPASS to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
10. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of HALLPASS, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other HALLPASS functionality.
11. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Terms of Service or our policies.
10.Protecting Other People's RightsWe respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. You will not post content or take any action on HALLPASS that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on HALLPASS if we believe that it violates this Terms of Service or our policies.
3. If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
4. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
5. You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
7. You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on HALLPASS.
8. You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent. HALLPASS offers social reporting tools to enable users to provide feedback about tagging.
11.Mobile and Other DevicesWe currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
12.Accuracy and Integrity of InformationAlthough Company attempts to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the Site and the App, it makes no representations, warranties or guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of the Site, the App and Content thereon. It is possible that the Site or the App could include, inaccuracies of users information or other errors, typographical errors, and that unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made to the Site or the App by third parties. In the event that an inaccuracy arises, please inform Company so that it can be corrected. Company reserves the right to unilaterally correct any inaccuracies on the Site or the App without notice. Information contained on the Site or the App may be changed or updated without notice. Additionally, Company shall have no responsibility or liability for information or Content posted to the Site or the App from any non-Company affiliated third party.
13.Access, Security and Restrictions; PasswordsYou are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Service, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging onto a server or an account which the user is not authorized to access; or (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; or (c) accessing or using the Service or any portion thereof without authorization, in violation of these Terms of Service or in violation of applicable law.
14.Network Access; Service ProviderYou are responsible for obtaining the data network access necessary to use the Service. You acknowledge that the terms of any agreement with your respective mobile network provider (“Mobile Provider”) will continue to apply when using the Service with your wireless-enabled mobile device. Consequently, your mobile network's data and messaging rates and fees may apply if you access or use the Service from a wireless-enabled mobile device. You accept responsibility for any such charges that arise.
15.Electronic CommunicationsWe will communicate with you by email or providing notices via the Service. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that these communications be in writing. Electronic communications from us, including emails, may include marketing and promotional content.
16.Links to Other SitesCompany makes no representations whatsoever about any other website that you may access through the Site or the App. When you access a non-Company website, please understand that it is independent from Company, and that Company has no control over the content on that website. In addition, a link to a non-Company website does not mean that Company endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of the linked website. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use or download is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other items of a destructive nature. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Site or the App, you do this entirely at your own risk.
17.User Generated Content, Reviews, Feedback and other Postings to the Site or AppIf you submit, upload or post any comments, ideas, suggestions, information, files, videos, images or other materials to us or the Site or the App (“User Generated Content”), you agree not to provide any User Generated Content that (1) is defamatory, abusive, libelous, unlawful, obscene, threatening, harassing, fraudulent, pornographic, or harmful, or that could encourage criminal or unethical behavior, (2) violates or infringes the privacy, copyright, trademark, trade dress, trade secrets or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, or (3) contains or transmits a virus or any other harmful component. You agree not to contact other Service users through unsolicited e-mail, telephone calls, mailings or any other method of communication. You represent and warrant to Company that you have the legal right and authorization to provide all User Generated Content to Company for the purposes and Company’s use as set forth herein. Company shall have a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the User Generated Content in whatever manner Company desires, including without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such User Generated Content and/or incorporate such User Generated Content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world. Company is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any User Generated Content in confidence; (2) to pay to you any compensation for any User Generated Content; or (3) to respond to any User Generated Content.
18. Limitation of Liability.Disclaimer of Certain Damages.
19.Claims of Copyright InfringementWe disclaim any responsibility or liability for copyrighted materials posted to the Site and/or through the App. If you believe that your work has been copied in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please follow the procedures set forth below.
1. Identify the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
2. Identify the material or link you claim is infringing (or the subject of infringing activity) and that access to which is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site where such material may be found or a description of where in the App such material may be found.
3. Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
4. Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
"I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)." "I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed."
5. Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to our Copyright Agent:
MY HALLPASS, INC:
1010 Wilshire Blvd #314
Los Angeles, CA 90017
20.Disclaimer of Site and App WarrantiesAs Is. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR USE OF THE COMPANY PROPERTIES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THE COMPANY PROPERTIES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. COMPANY PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
21.Special Provisions Applicable to SoftwareIf you download or use our software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
22.Additional Apple TermsThe following additional terms and conditions apply with respect to the Service if used on an Apple iOS-powered mobile device (“iOS App”):
23.Revisions; GeneralCompany reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of the Service, with or without cause, and with or without notice. In the event that any of the Terms of Service are held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, such provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms of Service shall otherwise remain in full force and effect. These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between Company and you pertaining to the subject matter hereof. In its sole discretion, Company may from time-to-time revise these Terms of Service by updating this posting. You should, therefore, periodically visit this page to review the current Terms of Service, so you are aware of any such revisions to which you are bound. Your continued use of the Service after revisions to these Terms of Service shall constitute your agreement to the revised Terms of Service. Certain provisions of these Terms of Service may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages within the Site or the App.
24.AmendmentsWe’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
25.Termination of Access; Removal of Content or FeaturesIn addition to any right or remedy that may be available to us under these Terms of Service or applicable law, we may suspend, limit or terminate your Account, or all or a portion of your access to the Service, at any time with or without notice in the event (i) you have breached these Terms of Service or (ii) such action is necessary to prevent harm to any party or liability to Company.
26.Dispute Resolution; Arbitration AgreementPlease read this Arbitration Agreement carefully. It is part of your contract with the Company and affects your rights. It contains procedures for MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
27.Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United StatesWe strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with HALLPASS outside the United States:
1. You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
2. If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on HALLPASS (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website. You will not use HALLPASS if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States.
1. By "HALLPASS" or” HALLPASS Services” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.thehallpass.com and any other HALLPASS branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and other similar offerings; and (d) other media, brands, products, services, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed. HALLPASS reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not this TERMS OF SERVICE.
2. By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from HALLPASS or provide data to us.
3. By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with HALLPASS.
4. By "content" we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using HALLPASS Services.
5. By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from HALLPASS or provide to HALLPASS through Platform.
6. By "post" we mean post on HALLPASS or otherwise make available by using HALLPASS.
7. By "use" we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
8. By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
9. By “Trademarks” we mean the list of trademarks owned by Hallpass.
1.This Terms of Service makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding HALLPASS, and supersedes any prior agreements.
2. If any portion of this Terms of Service is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
3. If we fail to enforce any of this Terms of Service, it will not be considered a waiver.
4. Any amendment to or waiver of this Terms of Service must be made in writing and signed by all parties.
5. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Terms of Service to anyone else without our consent.
6. All of our rights and obligations under this Terms of Service are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
7. Nothing in this Terms of Service shall prevent us from complying with the law.
8. This Terms of Service does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
9. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
10. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing HALLPASS.
30. International Provisions.he following provisions shall apply only if you are located in the countries listed below.
1. United Kingdom. A third party who is not a party to the Terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any provision of the Terms, but this does not affect any right or remedy or such third party with exists or is available apart from that Act.
2. Germany. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in Section 12, Company is also not liable for acts of simple negligence (unless they cause injuries to or death of any person), except when they are caused by a breach of any substantial contractual obligations (vertragswesentliche Pflichten).
Information That We Collect
How We Use and Share Your Information
Access to Your Information and Choices
Security of Your Information
California Privacy Rights
Consent to Processing of Personal Data in United States
Questions and How to Contact Us
Scope; Third Party Sites.
2. A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN.We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will promptly delete such information as soon as possible.
3. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECTInformation You Provide to Us
• School Name
• Mobile Telephone Number
• Mobile Device Contact List
• Email address
• User generated content (personal bio, photos, videos, polls, quotes, hash-tags, comments, social media posts, messages sent during live chat conversations, etc.)
• Likes & Points
• User feedback
• Username and password
• Facebook public profile
• Facebook friends list (first and last names)
• Home location
• IP address
• Browser type
• Computer or device type
• Mobile Device Contact List (Address book)
• Unique device identifier/number
• Operating system
• Likes & Points
• Referring Universal Resource Locator (URL)
• Time and date accessed
• Pages viewed
• Name of Internet Service Provider (ISP)
• Persistent cookies
• Session cookies
• Local shared objects (flash cookies)
• Web beacons/pixel tagsNetworks and connections: We collect information about the people, Pages, accounts, hash-tags, and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them across our Products, such as people you communicate with the most or groups you are part of. We also collect contact information when you upload, sync or import it from a device (such as an address book), which we use to for things like helping you and others find people you may know and for other purposes.
4. HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATIONTo Provide Products, Services, and Information. We collect information from you in order to provide products and services that you utilize in connection with the Service; register and service your account; provide information that you request from us; send you newsletters, promotional materials or advertisements about our products and services, as well as new features and offerings; administer surveys, sweepstakes, promotions and contests; improve, test and monitor the effectiveness of the Service; develop and test new products and features; diagnose or fix technology problems; and protect the security and integrity of the Service and Company’s business.
• Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
• Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
• Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
• Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Company, our users, customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
5. ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CHOICESYou can access and update certain information we have relating to your account by signing into your account and changing your profile settings. If you have questions about personal information we have about you or need to update your information, you can contact us email@example.com. You can close your account by deleting the App from your mobile device. If you close your account, we will no longer use your account information or share it with third parties. We may, however, retain a copy of your information for backup, archival and/or audit purposes.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATIONWe use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information, including SSL, firewalls, password protected areas of the Site and the App, encryption, fraud and ID theft protection, and confidentiality agreements with employees and third parties. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that emails and other communications you send through the Service are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
7. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTSUnder California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2016 will receive information regarding 2015 sharing activities). To obtain this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
8. CONSENT TO PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA IN UNITED STATESIf you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) or other jurisdiction outside of the U.S., in order to provide the Service, and our products and services to you, we may send and store your personal information (also commonly referred to as personal data) outside of the EEA, including to the United States. Accordingly, your personal information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection for your personal information. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information when it is transferred. Where such transfers occur, we take appropriate steps to provide the same level of protection for the processing carried out in any such countries as within the EEA to the extent feasible under applicable law. By using and accessing the Site or the App, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
10. QUESTIONS AND HOW TO CONTACT USHallpass welcomes any questions, concerns, complaints or suggestions. Please contact us at email@example.com. MY HALLPASS INC, is located in the United States at 1010 Wilshire Blvd #314, Los Angeles, CA 90017
1. We dispose content, remove accounts, and cooperate with law enforcement when there is belief that there is a risk of harm or direct threats to public safety. See how Hallpass handles such abusive content
2. Hallpass Users use Hallpass to share their experience and awareness about important issues. Which means you will see opinions that are different from yours, which we know can lead to important dialogue about controversial topics. In order to balance the requirements, safety, and interests of a vast and diverse community, however, we may dispose certain kinds of content or restrict the audience that views it. See how we do that here
3 Self-Harm: How we work to aid in preventing self-injury and suicide.We are against the promotion of self-injury or suicide. We restrict content that promotes suicide or any other type of self-injury, including self-mutilation and eating disorders. However we don't consider body modification to be self-injury. We also dispose any content that identifies victims or survivors of self-injury or suicide and exposes them for attack. Hallpass users can, however, share information about self-injury and suicide that does not encourage these things.
4. Toxic Organizations: What types of organizations we prohibit on HallpassWe don’t tolerate any organizations or individuals that are engaged in the following to have a presence on Hallpass:
We also dispose content that expresses support for groups that are involved in the violent behavior mentioned above. Supporting leaders or figures of those same organizations, or encouraging their violent activities, is restricted.
We allow broad dialogue and social commentary on these subjects, but ask that people show tolerance towards victims of violence and discrimination.
5. Bullying and Harassment: How we respond to bullying and harassment.
Hallpass does not tolerate bullying or harassment. We allow you to speak freely on matters, but dispose content that appears to target private individuals with the intention of emotionally hurting them. This content includes, but is not limited to:
Pages that identify and shame private individuals,
Images altered to degrade private individuals,
Photos or videos of physical bullying posted to shame the victim, and
Repeatedly targeting other people with unwanted friend requests or messages.
Private Individual are people who have neither gained news attention nor the interest of the public, by way of their actions or public profession.
6 Attacks on Public Figures: What protection public figures receive on Hallpass.Hallpass encourages open and critical dialogue of people who are featured in the news or have a large public following based on their profession or chosen activities. We dispose credible threats to public figures, as well as hate speech directed toward them – just as we do for private individuals.
7 Criminal Activity: How we handle reports of criminal activity on Hallpass.We prohibit the use of Hallpass to encourage or organize criminal activity that causes physical harm to people, businesses or animals, or financial damage to people or businesses. Hallpass cooperates with law enforcement when we believe there is a risk of physical harm or direct threats to public safety. We also restrict you from celebrating crimes committed. We do, however, allow people to debate or advocate for the legality of criminal activities.
8 Sexual Violence and Exploitation: How we fight sexual violence and exploitation on Hallpass.We remove content that threatens or promotes sexual violence or exploitation. This includes the sexual exploitation of minors, and sexual assault. To protect victims and survivors, we also remove photographs or videos depicting incidents of sexual violence and images shared in revenge or without permissions from the people in the images. Our definition of sexual exploitation includes solicitation of sexual material, any sexual content involving minors, threats to share intimate images, and offers of sexual services. Where appropriate, we refer this content to law enforcement. Offers of sexual services include prostitution, escort services, sexual massages, and filmed sexual activity..
9 Regulated GoodsWe restrict any attempts by private individuals to purchase, sell, or trade prescription drugs, marijuana, firearms or ammunition. Hallpass does not allow the individual purchase, sale or trade of firearms or ammunition. We do not allow you to use Hallpass payment tools to sell or purchase regulated goods on our platform.
10 People use Hallpass to share experiences and raise awareness about important issues. This means that you may encounter opinions that are different from yours, which we believe can lead to important conversations about controversial topics. To help balance the requirements, safety, and interests of a diverse community, however, we may remove certain kinds of sensitive content or limit the audience that sees it. See more about how we do that here.
11 ANY Nudity & Sexual ActivityPeople sometimes share content containing nudity for reasons like awareness campaigns or artistic projects. We restrict the display of nudity and sexual activity because some audiences within our global community may be sensitive to this type of content - particularly because of their cultural background or age. In order to treat people fairly and respond to reports quickly, it is essential that we have policies in place that our global teams can apply uniformly and easily when reviewing content. As a result, our policies can sometimes be more blunt than we would like and restrict content shared for legitimate purposes. We are always working to get better at evaluating this content and enforcing our standards. We remove photographs of people displaying genitals or focusing in on fully exposed buttocks. We also restrict some images of female breasts if they include the nipple, but our intent is to allow images that are shared for medical or health purposes. We also allow photos of women actively engaged in breastfeeding or showing breasts with post-mastectomy scarring. We also allow photographs of paintings, sculptures, and other art that depicts nude figures. Restrictions on the display of sexual activity also apply to digitally created content unless the content is posted for educational, humorous, or satirical purposes. Explicit images of sexual intercourse are prohibited. Descriptions of sexual acts that go into vivid detail may also be removed.
12 Hate SpeechHallpass removes hate speech, which includes content that directly attacks people based on their: Race, Ethnicity, National origin, Religious affiliation, Sexual orientation, Sex, gender, or gender identity, or Serious disabilities or diseases. Organizations and people that promote hatred against these protected groups are not allowed a presence on Hallpass People can use Hallpass to challenge ideas, institutions, and practices. Such discussion can promote debate and greater understanding. Sometimes people share content containing someone else's hate speech for the purpose of raising awareness or educating others about that hate speech. When this is the case, we expect people to clearly indicate their purpose, which helps us better understand why they shared that content. We allow humor, satire, or social commentary related to these topics, and we believe that when people use their authentic identity, they are more responsible when they share this kind of commentary. For that reason, we ask that Page owners associate their name and Hallpass Profile with any content that is particularly cruel or insensitive, even if that content does not violate our policies. As always, we urge people to be conscious of their audience when sharing this type of content. While we work hard to remove hate speech, we also give you tools to avoid distasteful or offensive content. Learn more about the tools we offer to control what you see. You can also use Hallpass to speak up and educate the community around you. Counter-speech in the form of accurate information and alternative viewpoints can help create a safer and more respectful environment.
13 Violence and Graphic ContentHallpass has long been a place where people share their experiences and raise awareness about important issues. Sometimes, those experiences and issues involve violence and graphic images that are of public interest or concern, such as human rights abuses or acts of terrorism. In many instances, when people share this type of content, they are condemning it or raising awareness about it. We remove graphic images when they are shared for sadistic pleasure or to celebrate or glorify violence. We also remove extremely graphic videos, such as those depicting a beheading. When people share anything on Hallpass, we expect that they will share it responsibly, including carefully choosing who will see that content. We also ask that people warn their audience about what they are about to see if it includes graphic violence. With that said, there is also certain extreme graphic content that we recognize may be disturbing and we add a warning screen to it so that people are aware before they see it.
14 We work hard to help keep your account secure and protect your personal information. By joining Hallpass, you agree to use your authentic name and identity. You may not publish the personal information of others without their consent.
15 Using Your Authentic Identity: How Hallpass authentic identity policy creates a safer environment.People connect on Hallpass using their authentic identities. When people stand behind their opinions and actions with their authentic name and reputation, our community is more accountable. If we discover that you have multiple personal profiles, we may ask you to close the additional profiles. We also remove any profiles that impersonate other people.
16 Fraud and Spam: How we protect you from fraud and spam.Hallpass works hard to help ensure that the information you share is secure. We investigate any suspected breach of security. Any attempt to compromise the security of a Profile, including fraud, may be referred to law enforcement. Using misleading or inaccurate information to artificially collect likes, followers, or shares is not allowed. We also ask that you respect people by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent.
17 What happens to your account when you pass away?Hallpass is a place where people can come to share their stories and reminisce about friends and family who have passed away. Once we become aware that a person has passed away, we secure and memorialize accounts. We do this once we receive sufficient proof of death. Immediate family members can also request that we remove and delete a loved one's profile.
18 Hallpass is a place for you to share the things that are important to you. You own all of the content and information you post on Hallpass, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. However, before sharing content on Hallpass, please be sure you have the right to do so. We ask that you respect copyrights, trademarks, and other legal rights.